TAAN Organizes TAX & VAT orientation to trekking entrepreneurs
June 13 , 2019
Trekking Agencies' Association of Nepal (TAAN) organized two days Tourism VAT/TAX Orientation Class for trekking entrepreneurs on 13th & 14th June, 2019. A total of 500 trekking member agencies of TAAN took part in the program.
The first day of training was inaugurated by Secretary of Ministry of Culture, tourism & Civil Aviation Mr. Mohan Krishna Sapkota.
The program was organized with major objective to impart essential knowledge and skills about Existing Tourism Policy, Registration, renewal, penalty and other provision for Trekking Companies, Vat & Tax Policy, Role of Nepal Tourism Board in Promoting Tourism of Nepal and Digital Transformation Trends in Travel.
- Mr. Prakash Dhakal, Undersecretary of MoCTCA clarified existing Tourism Policy of the nation. The participants were in enlightened with the existing policy.
- Mr. Dandu Raj Ghimire Director General of Tourism Department presented the process of the companies registration, renewal, penalty and other provision.
- Mr. Sharad Nirula, Chief tax officer, Inland Revenue Department taught the basic concept of Vat & Tax policy.
- Mr. Santosh Ghimire, Manager of Nepal Tourism Board explained the role of NTB for promoting tourism of Nepal.
- Mr. Prakash Neupane, Expert of Digital Marketing briefed about digital transformation trend in travel industry for business perspective.